Computer application that makes decisions in real-life situations that would otherwise be performed by a human expert.
Systems that simulate intelligence by reproducing the types of physical connections found in animal or even human brains.
Type of logic that recognizes more than simple true and false values.
NATURAL LANGUAGE UNDERSTANDING
Programming computers to understand and interact with users in natural languages like English.
A computational entity which acts on behalf of other (most often human) entities in an autonomous fashion, performs its actions with some level of pro-activity and/or reactiveness and exhibits some level of the key attributes of learning, co-operation and mobility.
Programming computers to see, hear and react to sensory stimuli.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Network and software security systems
- Agent technology
- Financial Services
- Oil Field search and appraisal
- Intelligent Traffic Management in Telecommunication and Energy Networks
- Enterprise management
- Risk management
- Industrial automation of complex production processes
Very Complex Applications
- Global climate analysis
- Distributed Knowledge Networks
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Coordination and Control of Multi-Agent Systems
- Automata Induction, Grammar Inference, and Language Acquisition
- Computational modelling of Proteins
- Environment for Integrating and Analyzing Plant Genomic Databases
- Military simulations
- Human population analysis including resource distribution and consummation
AI Programming Languages
Features of the language that are good for AI programming include: garbage collection, dynamic typing, functions as data, uniform syntax, interactive environment, and extensibility.
Prolog combines the high-level and traditional advantages of Lisp with a built-in unifier, which is particularly useful in AI.
C/C++ is mostly used when the program is simple, and execution speed is the most important.
Java’s portability makes it desirable for just about any application, and it has a decent set of built in types.